11.18.2013

Singin' the Blues: Attention!

Hi everyone.  I apologize for cutting Fall Color Week short and being absent over the last few weeks.

I have a ton of reasons for not posting, but I think it comes down to an issue I've dealt with off and on during my adult life.  I go through periods of over-stress (usually coupled with sleep deprivation).  When these happen, I develop a generalized apathy and melancholy that leaves me unfulfilled by things I love, like blogging.  I'm working through it, and thankfully, some of the recent stressors have reduced or disappeared. 

I have several posts lined up for the next week, so hopefully things will be back on track soon!  Thanks so much for sticking with me!!!

Blazer:  The Limited (Available here)
Pants:  The Limited (Similar here)
Today, I'm starting with Singin' the Blues Week - a week of one of this fall's hottest colors!

The color navy is the subtlest and easiest to wear of the blues.   It's perfect for conservative work places, but it functions well as a neutral for many occasions.

For years, I wasn't a fan of navy as I saw it as too conservative and classic for me.  I love classic, but it has to have an interesting modern or tough edge.  Somewhere along the line, I became a navy convert, especially when worn with other neutrals as I did here. 

Purse:  Target (May be available in stores; similar here)
Shirt:  The Limited (old) (Similar here)
When done in streamlined shapes, navy brings with it much of what I love about black - it's dark, it's sleek and sophisticated, and it is forever versatile.

Today's navy look also plays into fall's military trend (see more here).  I love how military pieces like this blazer look very polished and even just a teensy bit edgy.

Heels:  Target (Similar here)
Bracelets:  The Limited (Available here)
Are you a fan of navy?

To see this blazer in other looks, see here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!