12.16.2013

12 Days of Holiday: Black Swan

If you've been following my blog, you know that I love ballet-inspired fashion.  When I spotted this dress at Forever21+, it had me at the tulle.  The full skirt just feels fun and special. 
Dress:  Forever 21+ (Available here)
Forever 21 can be a pig in a poke for finding quality clothes that look mature enough for a 30-something professional.  When I do find something though, I am usually quite happy with the fit.  Because Forever 21 has more of a juniors' fit, their XL is often perfectly proportioned for my petite curvy frame.
Belt:  LOFT (Available here)
Blazer:  Ann Taylor Petites (Available here) - Sleeves shortened
 This dress required no alterations.  While it's a little longer than featured on the web site, I love the longer fit.

I added a burgundy velvet jacket, sparkly belt, and floral satin lace-up heels for an evening feel. 

I decided to skip tights, but you could easily add some glittery or lace tights for a little extra warmth.

Clutch:  The Limited (Available here)
Heels:  Prabal Gurung for Target (Available on eBay here)
Ring:  The Limited (Available here)

Right now, I have nowhere special to wear this outfit, but I would definitely wear it for a winter wedding or dressy holiday party.  I don't usually purchase dressier items without some place to wear them, but I think this dress has a classic feel that I will love for years to come.  When an event comes up, I'll have something to wear!  :-)
Bracelet:  The Limited
What would you wear to a formal winter wedding or holiday party?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!