12.31.2013

12 Days of Holiday: New Year's Cocktail

Sometimes New Year's Eve calls for more formal attire. 
Dress:  Eva Mendes for New York & Company (Available here)
Sparkly dresses are great, but I love black dresses for the clean slate they provide.  This one-shoulder dress is different for me, but I was attracted to it as I think it can be worn in a variety of ways.  

To create a cocktail look, I added a few sparkly sunburst brooches and metallic belt.  I mixed gold and silver here with a pop of rhinestones to add more formality.  
Heels:  Simply Vera by Vera Wang
Clutch:  New York & Company (Available in black here)

The brooch on the shoulder actually came with the dress (it's removable), and I added the other brooch to my belt to create more visual interest.  I have been looking for some pretty brooches for a while, so I was excited to find these as part of Eva Mendes' collaboration with New York & Company.
Earrings:  Torrid
Brooch:  Eva Mendes by New York & Company (Available here)
Belt:  Torrid
This dress is too long, and I haven't had a chance to alter it yet.  I used the belt to create an asymmetrical look that added a bit of drape as well.

After some consideration, we plan on staying in with the kids for New Year's, so my look will be decidedly more casual than cocktail attire, but it's fun to play around with sparkly champagne looks!  :-)

Ring:  The Limited (Available here)
Hope you all have a safe and healthy New Year's Eve!!!  My last holiday post up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!