12.27.2013

12 Days of Holiday: Solid Gold

I hope you all have having a wonderful holiday season! 

Yesterday marked the start of Kwanzaa, and New Year's Eve is just around the corner.  I'm not a particularly religious person, but I love the themes of birth/re-birth, community, family, and giving that the winter holidays celebrate. 


A new year, in particular, is a time for reflection on the blessings and challenges of the past year.  A new year gives rise to the possibilities of change, renewal, and revitalization.  It's a time to celebrate the past, present, and the future.

No matter what I do for the evening, New Year's Eve is one of my favorite times.  With this special night just around the corner, I'm thinking of party fashion!

Dress:  The Limited (old)
Jacket:  The Limited
I'm still not sure what my New Year's plans will be.  For the last several years, New Year's Eve has consisted of music, snacks, sparkling grape juice, and board games with the kiddos as we counted down to the new year with the Times Square Ball drop on TV. 

This year, we are toying with the option of a New Year's Eve date night, so I'm having fun considering my wardrobe options.

Shoes:  Payless (old)
Clutch:  The Limited
Belt:  The Limited
This look has a slight 70s disco feel.  It's super comfortable and would be perfect for a drinks and dancing with the man. 

Tights could certainly be added for extra warmth.  Truth be told, I was freezing during these pictures, so if I were to wear this outfit, I'd be adding some fun printed tights.

Earrings:  The Limited
Do you celebrate New Year's Eve?  What are your plans for this year?  Know what you're wearing?

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah, a wonderful Pancha Ganapati, a joyous Yule, a fantastic holiday season...here's to making 2014 our best ever year!!!

For this dress in other looks, see here and here.
For this jacket in other looks, see here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!