6.08.2014

Easy Casual Friday

Hope you all have had a great weekend.  

Unfortunately, I'm still not feeling 100%.  Outside of catching a flick (Chef), I spent a lot of time resting this weekend.  Summer colds and bronchitis are no fun!  Boo! Hiss!
Dress:  Peter Som for Kohl's (Available here)
Jacket:  The Limited (Similar here)
Tonight, I'm featuring my recent casual Friday look.  I much prefer this dress the I way I wore it here, but if there is one thing that I love about a great maxi dress, it's its versatility.  Adding a tank and denim jacket to this dress takes it from evening to casual.
Tote:  The Limited
Necklace:  The Limited (Available here)
Bracelet:  New York & Company (Similar here)
In fact, this outfit is a little more casual than I normally do for work, but during the summer, I'm all about breaking my own fashion rules.  Summertime (even if it's not officially summer yet) begs for casual, easy clothes. 

Maxi dresses are nothing if not easy.  :-)

Tank:  Old Navy Petites
Do you have casual Friday in your workplace?  How do you do it during the summertime?

For this jacket in other looks, see here and here.

6 comments:

  1. I wouldn't even know it was the same dress, it looks so different! Right now I'm searching for some sort of cardigan for cool nights with my sleeveless maxi dresses. I think I've found a nice bolero that comes in a bunch of colors (and is machine washable...yay!).
    Sorry you are still under the weather, something is going around in my area too. I hope your kids don't catch it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to find a cropped bolero type cardigan to work with a few dresses too. It's so hard to find anything cropped when you're really short though. In fact, this jean jacket is cropped,but it fits me normally.

    Thanks you...I don't think I'm contagious anymore. I seem to have developed some recurrent issues with bronchitis the last several years. It's really no fun, but I'm well aware it could be MUCH worse! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute outfit! Lovely dress and a nice denim jean jacket. Nice handbag as well. Styled nicely here.

    johnbmarine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this outfit, this is very similar to what I like to wear during the summer. I love the look of a maxi dress and a jean jacket, actually i like jean jackets with dresses period. But yeah I think it's such a great casual outfit.

    Nina
    http://curvymod.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!