6.18.2015

Lines & Laces

Happy Thursday everyone!
Dress:  Eloquii (Available here)
For today's post, I'm featuring a new dress from Eloquii.  I'm really loving what Eloquii has been featuring lately, and this drop-waist grid pattern dress was no exception.

At first, I was worried that the drop waist wouldn't really work for me, but I decided to give it a try.  I'm a big believer in just saying yes to trying pieces on because you really don't know if you'll like different styles or cuts until you give them a chance.

Shoes:  Chelsea & Zoe by Kohl's (Available here)
Necklace:  Torrid
Cardigan:  LOFT Petites (old)
I realized that the drop waist would work, but it certainly wasn't a perfect fit right from the start.  Since the dress is not a petite, I had to have it altered.  The overall dress was too long and the drop-waist was too low.  My tailor removed the flounce and took a couple inches off the body portion of the dress.  She also shortened the flounce just a tad.
I purchased a size up to get a better fit in the bust/back area, so I also had the bottom portion of the dress taken in a bit to reduce the volume.

Ring:  The Limited
Now, the dress is exactly as I wanted.  It still has an easy fit, but it isn't sloppy loose.  The length works really well with the drop waist in my opinion and also keeps the dress appropriate for work.
Green lace-up heels add a pop of color, and the lower heel on these shoes makes them super comfortable for work.
I finished the look off with a textured clutch and tassel necklace.
Clutch:  Target
Do you have any favorite retailers for your work wardrobe?

For the cardigan in other looks, see here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!