6.14.2015

Chasing Rainbows

Hi everyone!  Hope you're liking the new format.  I will say that it has been giving me a little more time, and I'm really grateful for that. 
Dress:  Eloquii (Available here)
I take blogging very seriously and would love for it to be my full-time job one day, but for right now, I make virtually no money from it, have a full-time job, and five kids, so I have to get better at prioritizing.  Plus, I have some really exciting long-term goals that I want to start working on.  I can't pursue those if I am spending every free hour on the blog - as much as I love it.
I've got several posts lined up for this week, the first of which is today's post, featuring two recent colorful work looks from Eloquii - in case you needed a little back-to-work style inspiration. 

I tempered the rainbow-colored dress and skirt with my always favorite black.  These Eloquii pieces are quickly becoming favorites in my wardrobe, and I feel like I'm really living up to my New Year's style resolution to wear more color!!

For the first look, I'm wearing a brushstroke print dress.  The black booties add a little edge to the work look while the blazer gives it a professional vibe.
Blazer:  Eloqui
Bracelet:  The Limited
Removing the jacket makes this dress a great work-play option. 
Earrings:  The Limited
Sunglasses:  Calvin Klein
Tote:  Target (Available here)
For the second look, I paired the printed kilt with a bright citrine tank and added a black boyfriend cardigan and the same booties.  I would have preferred a slightly shorter cardigan, but I don't dislike the longer style. 
Skirt:  Eloquii (Available here)
Camisole:  Boohoo.com (Available here)
Cardigan:  LOFT Petites (old)
Watch:  c/o JORD Wood Watches (Available here)
Bracelet:  LOFT
Glasses:  Valentino
Boots:  Target
So often, I feel like I have to compromise on my style for work, to tone it down for what is work-appropriate.  These two looks feel like "me," but I still feel like they are acceptable for work.  Such a combination means that these will definitely be repeated looks for me. 
Are you a fan of colorful looks for work?

For the skirt in another look, see here.

For the cardigan in other looks, see here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here.
For the dress in another look, see here.
For the blazer in other looks, see here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here.

1 comment:

  1. I like the dress. I could see myself wearing it to work with either a cardigan or blazer.

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!