6.02.2015

Hustle & Flow

Hope your week has been going well so far.

I'm starting something a bit new on the blog.  In order to free up more time in my personal life (wait, personal life....what is that?), I am experimenting with a plan to post less frequently but to include more outfits per post.  I will still feature some outfits individually if I really love them or if they are more special, but for everyday looks, I'll be posting a small group of photos 1-3 times per week.

Today, I'm including a recent work look as well as two casual weekend date looks.

Skirt:  The Limited
I feel like I've been saying this a lot lately, but I find myself increasingly reaching for comfortable looks for work and play.  For work recently, I chose a flowy maxi skirt and paired it with a simple white tee and my navy military blazer for a slightly preppy work look.  Nothing like being in comfy, flowy clothes while getting my hustle on!
Blazer:  The Limited
I don't really wear a ton of preppier looks, but since I work in a corporate environment, I sometimes do.  I feel like these types of looks are more conventionally professional than my preferred edgier looks.
Tee:  LOFT
Necklace:  Vintage
I never used to wear maxi skirts to work.  I thought they were too casual, but by styling them with structured blazers, I feel like I can get away with it.  And, shhhhh.... I'm wearing a t-shirt to work!! :-)
Purse:  The Limited
While I spend most of my waking life at work, or so it seems, life can't be all work.  For a recent casual date night, I paired my fun neon-colored print dress with a moto jacket and wedges.  It was rainy and a tad chilly that day, so the jacket and sturdier shoes were a good choice.
Jacket:  Torrid (Available here)
Shoes:  Sugar (Available at Kohl's here)
For a warmer evening, I would skip the jacket and add neon heels for another blast of color.
Dress:  Target (Available here)
Clutch:  The Limited
Shoes:  Target (Similar here and here)
Necklace as bracelet:  The Limited
Ring:  Shoxie.com
Glasses:  Firmoo.com (Available here)
For those of you who work in offices, do you wear maxi skirts to work?  How do you keep them polished enough for the workplace?

Easy dresses are definitely my summer go-to!  What do you wear for summer date nights?

Let me know what you think about my new posting schedule/method!


For the skirt in other looks, see here and here.
For the blazer in other looks, see here, here, here, here, here, and here.
For the dress in another look, see here.
For the moto jacket in other looks, see here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!