6.20.2015

Weekend Ready

I love weekends because they give me the chance to wear clothes that I don't usually get a chance to wear during the work week.

You know, like casual, relaxed tunics or romantic slip dresses.

Dress:  H&M (Available here)
Dress:  ASOS (Available here)
I've been trying to find more lower heels and flats to add to my wardrobe, but I am so used to wearing heels (and love the way I look in them) that it can be hard to break the habit.

I have an easier time incorporating flats in weekend looks.  Here, the two looks both feature metallic shoes - silver Grecian sandals with the slip dress and pewter perforated sneakers with the tunic.

Shoes:  Juicy Couture (kids) (Available at Kohl's here; Similar here)
Glasses:  Valentino
Earrings:  New York & Company
I wore this outfit last weekend to see "Spy" with my mom.  Seriously, the funniest movie I have seen in quite some time, and perhaps Melissa McCarthy's finest.  I loved it so much, I am going to try to get back to the movies with the man this weekend so I can share the movie with him too.

I grabbed this fringe tote because it was what I was already using, but I would have preferred a different style bag with this outfit - something a little sportier to go with the shoes.

Tote:  Target (Available here)
Watch:  c/o JORD Wood Watches (Available here)
Bracelets:  LOFT; New York & Company
I love today's second look for an easy date look.  The dress is soft and romantic, but it doesn't feel too dressed up. 

In fact, paired with the moto jacket and flat sandals, I would even wear this to run errands, to go shopping, or for other casual situations. 

Jacket:  The Limited
Sandals:  Target (kids)
Clutch:  The Limited
Bracelets:  LOFT; Target
Glasses:  Firmoo.com (Available here)
Skipping the jacket, it's perfect for humid St. Louis summers. 
Earrings:  The Limited
With these two looks, I'm ready for pretty much wherever the weekend might take me.

What do you like to wear on the weekends?  Are you a heels or flats person or both?


For the tunic dress in other looks, see here, here, and here.
For the slip dress in another look, see here.
For the moto jacket in other looks, see here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!