3.19.2013

Mint to Be

Today, I paired this faux leather gored skirt with a mint crochet tee and beaded chainlink necklace.  
Skirt:  The Limited (Available here)
Heels:  Prabal Gurung for Target (Not available on-line; available in some stores; see
here)
For work, I kept the look simple (and warm) with a classic black blazer, black mesh tights, and ankle boots.
Blazer:  The Limited (Similar here)
Tote:  New York & Company (Similar )
I debated whether to wear the cropped blazer or classic suit jacket this morning.  I opted for the longer blazer for work, but after seeing the pictures, I definitely prefer the cropped jacket with this look as the proportions work better together.

I had originally conceived of this skirt and top as part of an evening look.  Floral lace-up heels from Prabal Gurung's recent line for Target and a straw clutch help make the outfit evening-ready.  
I love the fresh and modern shape of this skirtLeather is somewhat unexpectedly a major trend for spring.  Expect to see many leather and faux-leather options in stores this spring.
Earrings:  The Limited (Available here)
Necklace:  Target (Sold out on-line; may be available in some stores)
I'm also super excited about all of the mint green items popping up in stores.  It's one of my favorite colors!
Clutch:  Target (old)
Bracelets:  Express, Claire, local jewelry show
Would you wear a faux leather skirt in spring? Will you be wearing mint green this spring?

To see cropped blazer in other looks, see here, here, here, and here.


See classic blazer in other looks, here, here, here, here, here, and here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!