9.03.2015

Imitation Game: The Je Ne Sais Quoi

As a blogger and a fashion enthusiast, I spend a lot of time looking at what other bloggers of all shapes and sizes are wearing.  I spend way too much windows shopping all of my favorite on-line retailers.  I study fashion magazines and web sites, and I love checking out street style.
Skirt:  Eloquii (sold out on-line)
So with all this time absorbed in the fashion world, I sometimes see others styling pieces similar to those I may have, or I get inspired to try out a new trend, cut, or combination.  Sometimes the inspiration translates into a very literal interpretation for me; other times, the inspiration is simply a catalyst for my own creativity.
Top:  Eloquii (Available here)
Today, I'm excited to start a new series that I'm calling "Imitation Game."  I'm staring this series with a literal interpretation of one of my favorite bloggers - Jeniese of The Je Ne Sais Quoi.  Fresh off her win of the Redbook's Real Women Style Awards, Jeniese featured this adorable monochromatic look on her blog.  I quickly realized that I had the same crop top from Eloquii and a very similar skirt.
Photo of Jeniese c/o The Je Ne Sais Quoi
I kept the monochromatic color palette but went with a nude lip and added a printed heel and statement clutch to make the look my own.
Heels:  Prabal Gurung for Target
While a black crop top is an easy pairing with this skirt, I actually hadn't thought about wearing these pieces together until I saw Jeniese's look!  I love the look on both of us!

Since my clutch says "Selfie," I thought it would be funny to take a few pics while actually taking a selfie.  :-)
Sunglasses:  Calvin Klein
Clutch:  Torrid
Earrings:  Etsy; Target
Ring:  LOFT
Who inspires your style?  Do you ever imitate or create loose interpretations of looks you see others wear? 

For the skirt in other looks, see here and here.
For the crop top in other looks, see here, here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!