9.01.2015

Eff Your Beauty Standards

For today's casual post, I am excited to feature my new "Eff Your Beauty Standards" tee.
Tee:  Tess Holliday.com
I pre-ordered this tee a few months ago, and I was so pleased when it finally came in The material is soft and high-quality, and the tee fits just like I wanted!

If you're not familiar with the #effyourbeautystandards hashtag, let me fill you in.  Created by Tess Munster (Holliday)
, a model and body positivist activist, this hashtag was meant to reject the notion of there being one narrow beauty ideal.  The hashtag has since become a movement all of its own, prompting people of all shapes and bodies to share photos of themselves engaged in radical self love. 

Needless to say, I think Tess is amazing!

Jeans:  The Limited Petites
Booties:  Sonoma life+style (Available at Kohl's here)
I'm not usually much of a jeans and t-shirt gal, but sometimes, you just need to throw something on and go!  While I'm planning on incorporating this tee in some more fashionable looks, this outfit was perfect for running the kids around this weekend and visiting my sister and brand-new niece!!
Earrings:  Handmade
Clutch:  The Limited (Similar here)
Also given the message of this tee, I wanted to feature a more stripped down look, minimally accessorized, with me wearing only lip gloss.  Fashion and make-up are fun, and I love creating new looks for everyday and for special occasions.  Fashion is certainly a huge part of my identity, but I often remind myself that when you strip it all away, that's where you see the true beauty!
I encourage you to engage in some radical self-love, to say eff your beauty standards.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, after all.  It's time to behold the beauty within!

For these jeans in other looks, see here, here, here, here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!