9.28.2015

Manic Monday: The Simplest Workwear Formula

It's Monday...that means back to work for many of us.  For many of us, it's also a return to those mornings of "I have nothing to wear..."

While I definitely have some of those mornings, I try to have a few regular go-to options that make it easier for me to get out of the house on time and with style.
Jacket:  eShakti
Skirt:  New York & Company (Available in green here)
One of my favorite, and also one of the easiest, work go-tos is to mix black basics (you could substitute navy or another neutral if you prefer) - skirts, dresses, camis, and pants - with a jacket in a fab color.  I had two such looks planned for today, but unfortunately, I worked late and didn't get snaps of the second look.

The formula is an easy one, so today's look will hopefully give you some ideas for incorporating it into your own work wardrobe. 
Camisole:  LOFT Petites
Clutch:  Target
With today's outfit, I went with a deep forest green moto jacket to add my pop of color to my neutral basics.  This color is a perfect fall shade of green, and the weight of this jacket is equally perfect for fall weather. 
Booties:  Sonoma life+style (Available at Kohl's here)
While I typically reserve moto jackets for my off-duty style, the wool fabric makes this one feel a little more professional.
I paired the moto jacket with a knit pencil skirt, cami, and booties for a super easy, super comfortable look.

Add in a few of your favorite accessories, and you're good to go!!

Pendant: Antiquarian Couture (See more here)
Bracelet:  The Limited
Do you have any go-to recipes for your work style?

For the pencil skirt in other looks, see here and here.
For the green jacket in other looks, see here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!