4.16.2016

Imitation Game: Oh To Be A Muse

I have been following Cheryl of Oh To Be A Muse for a long time.  She has the ultimate cool girl style, and I'm always in awe of her knack for mixing unexpected pieces to create unique looks. 
Photo on left used with permission of Cheryl of Oh To Be A Muse, from Fringe Fever
Recently, Cheryl styled a fringe leather skirt with a textured blazer in a pulled together black and white look.
Skirt:  Eloquii (Available here)
I had just ordered this fringe skirt.  I wouldn't have thought to pair it with tweed, but after seeing Cheryl's look, I realized how great this was - the faux leather and tweed with metallic threads mix well and add lots of texture and shine to the simple color palette.  While the tweed jacket has a conservative feel, the simple shape gives a polished feel to the fringe skirt.
Jacket:  Gap (old)
Clutch and bracelet:  The Limited
Sunglasses:  Calvin Klein
While I like the striped top Cheryl is wearing, I kind of felt that I already had a lot going on for my shorter frame (though vertical stripes are elongating).  I decided to streamline a bit more by wearing a simple black crop top.  The sweetheart neckline shows a little more skin which I liked to help balance out the longer hemline of the skirt. 
Top:  ASOS Curve
I did like the idea of adding a print to the look though, so I swapped out the closed toe heels for floral print lace-ups.
Shoes:  Prabal Gurung for Target
While my look was styled more for evening, Cheryl did a fantastic job of taking a fringe leather skirt and making it work appropriate.  I would definitely wear Cheryl's look to the office, and in the fall, I plan to re-create this look with a more conservative top for work.
What do you think of my interpretation?  Do you follow Cheryl's blog?  Check her out at OhToBeAMuse.com!

For my top in other looks, see here, here, here, here, and here.
For my jacket in other looks, see here, here, here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!