4.13.2016

Wild Card Wednesday: Athleisure

For today's post, I decided to feature my interpretation of athleisure.  I have seen different definitions of the athleisure trend, but it essentially boils down to activewear that you can also wear for everyday life - clothes you could possibly wear to the gym but then look great in all day. 
Dress:  Eloquii (Available here)
Don't get me wrong - I love a great pair of leggings or yoga pants, but I'm not generally a sporty style kind of girl, and my wardrobe reflects that.  For me, athleisure involves a few athletic influences, but is much more about the leisure!
Jacket:  Boohoo Plus (Available here)
Sunglasses:  Calvin Klein
This jersey dress from Eloquii has already become my go-to for both work and weekends (seriously...I have already worn it a half dozen times).  It is so super comfortable, and I love the uniqueness of the dress' harem-like bottom half.
Shoes:  Juicy Couture (kids)
While I didn't initially think "sporty" when I first saw this dress, when paired with silver perforated sneakers, the tie waist takes on a more casual effect of tying a sweatshirt around one's waist.
A moto jacket is and probably always will be my go-to jacket, but an on-trend bomber jacket, especially in mesh, would give this look a more sporty/athletic feel. 
So what do you think?  Did I nail the athleisure trend?  Are you a fan of athleisure?

P.S.  I have made no alterations to this dress and love it as is, but I am planning on taking it up in the shoulders which I think will give it a better fit.

For this dress in another look, see here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!