1.08.2013

Spring 2013 Fashion Preview: Stripes

Happy Monday, everyone!
Blouse:  New York & Company (Available here)
Blazer:  The Limited Black Collection (Similar here)
This week I will be featuring my favorite picks from the Spring 2013 runway shows.

I love designer fashion straight from the catwalks, but like most people, I don't have the budget for it.  Designer fashion is often inspirational and certainly helps determine what we all see in our neighborhood stores and mall chains each season.

Trends keep fashion fun and help keep your wardrobe new and interesting, but g
reat style is definitely not about being a slave to trends For me, great style is about incorporating trends into one's wardrobe in a way that suits one's own personal style, lifestyle, body type, and budget. 

One thing I have noticed about the trends over the last year or so is that most of the major runway trends have been extremely wearable.  For example, one of the major trends on Spring 2013 runways was stripes.  Stripes are super easy to wear.  

Don't believe the hype that curvy or petite girls can't wear stripes.  Wearing stripes is all about getting the right fit and proportions.  Diagonal and chevron stripes are almost always lengthening and thinning.  Narrow to medium horizontal stripes can be very flattering to all figures.  I've already featured a few of my favorite striped looks off of the runways here.

This spring, many designers took stripes in new directions or used stripes in creative ways.  For me, the most innovative was definitely Marc Jacobs who showed a variety of striped dresses, suits, and tunics.
Marc Jacobs Spring 2013 look
Source:  www.style.com
Other favorite striped looks from the Spring 2013 runways:
Jonathan Saunders look
Source:  www.thefashionspot.com
Michael Kors Spring 2013 look
Source:  www.style.com
I am not a winter girl, so even though it's only January, I am ready for spring fashion!

I recently purchased this chevron stripe blouse.  I love the bright orange color of the stripes.  It's great now under a suit, but I am looking forward to pairing it with pencil skirts, white pants, and boyfriend jeans for spring.
Pants: The Limited Black Collection (Similar here)
Satchel:  The Limited (Available here)
Shoes: Target (old)
Earrings:  World Market (old)
Cuff:  New York & Company
Do you like the stripe trend for spring?  Do you have your sights set on any spring fashion yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!