1.02.2013

Complementary Colors

Today, my look is inspired by a small fashion spread in the recent issue of one of my many fashion magazines (though for the life of me, I couldn't find the article again).  The spread showed burgundy mixed with forest green in looks that I found very fresh. 
Dress:  LOFT Petites (Available here)
Blazer:  New York & Company (Similar here)
Purse:  The Limited (old)
Boots:  Payless (old) (Similar here)
I was planning on wearing this before Christmas, but my bout with the flu kept that from happening.  Burgundy mixed with forest green is a slightly unexpected take on the traditional Christmas color combination.  
Necklace:  New York & Company
Tights:  Target (Similar here)
Thankfully, this outfit still works after Christmas because the look isn't "themed" and burgundy and forest are complementary shades that work well in fall and winter.    

Would you wear red and green together?

See this blazer styled differently here and here.
For more on the burgundy trend, see here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!