8.30.2014

My Favorite Posts 2.0

Last year after my blog's first anniversary, I did a round-up of my favorite posts over the last year.  Since I just celebrated my 2nd blogiversary last month, I thought I would do a new round-up of my favorite posts from the last year of blogging.

In no particular order, here are my favorite 15!

#1 Stripes Week:  Print-tastic! 

I enjoy mixing prints on occasion, and this is one of my favorite attempts.  I love the graphic black and white combination with the little pops of color in the blazer.
Stripes Week:  Print-tastic!

#2  Tickled Pink:  Fringe Shift

I bought this dress from the old eloquii, and I am so in love with the neon pink color and fringe.  This past spring, I had this dress hemmed to a shorter length, and I just loved how sassy I felt in it!!  That reminds me...I need more excuses to wear this!  :-)
Tickled Pink:  Fringe Shift

#3  I Adore Me

I decided to include this post as a favorite for two reasons.  This outfit is a very typical work look for me.  It has several elements I love and an ease that helps me get out the door on those groggy-eyed mornings.  I also included this post because it's a reminder to myself and hopefully to you to stop being so hard on yourself. 
Black Pants for Work:   I Adore Me

#4  Date Night in Black and White

It's no secret I love black and white, but this look just made me feel really sexy.  When an outfit makes you feel amazing, the memory of the time you wore it seems to shine a little brighter.

Date Night in Black and White

#5  12 Days of Holiday:  Gilded Brocade
 

I wore this outfit last year to my office holiday party.  I'm so in love with these pants.  I love admiring designer fashion, and while I don't typically try to copy designer looks, these pants reminded me a lot of a pair of pants from Balmain that I just adored!
12 Days of Holiday:  Gilded Brocade

#6  Sacred Spaces

Because of the meaning Cahokia Mounds has for me, this post is included as a favorite.  I will forever feel blessed to have had such an amazing grandfather who nurtured me in so many ways and led me to love this place as much as I do, and I will forever be grateful to this place for helping me open my soul and feel my way through a difficult time.
Sacred Spaces

#7  Black for Spring:  Cutouts and Lace-Ups
 

I just love this fun dress and how it manages to be both sexy and sweet.  I'm not going to lie - these lace-up heels are not very comfortable, but when I don't have to do much standing or walking, I'm always excited to wear them.  Adding in bits of coral and jade, I felt like I had just enough color to give this look some added pop.
Black for Spring:  Cutouts and Lace-ups

#8  Revenge of the Nerds

I enjoy all the elements of this outfit, but mostly I just liked this post.  I grew up a "nerd" and will always consider myself one whether others do or not.  The term "nerd" has mostly lost the negative connotation I once learned to associate with it.  I've always felt like an outcast, like I didn't fit in with anyone.  That feeling can be lonely at times, but I've learned to appreciate it and to appreciate myself and all my awkward charm.  Nerds of the world, unite! 
Revenge of the Nerds

#9  Laid-Back Sexy (Free the Ta-Tas)

I love the ease of maxi dresses, and the sexy summery vibe of this one is a personal favorite.  For all my body insecurities over the years, I've always loved my ta-tas, and when I have the occasion, I love letting them be free.  ;-)
Laid-Back Sexy (Free the Ta-Tas)

#10  Fall 2013 Fashion Trends:  Lingerie-Inspired Clothing

This is one of my all-time favorite looks.  There is something about the combination of this soft pink and black that I have always loved.  A peplum-style top is super flattering, and the look is body skimming without being tight.
Fall 2013 Fashion Trends:  Lingerie-Inspired Clothing

#11  Even Flow

I talked on the blog recently about how I love to create looks that have a balance.  This look combines several feminine and several masculine elements to create a look that feels balanced.

Even Flow

#12  Comfy Work Wear

This recent work look just made me feel so chic.  It's a rare thing to find a look as comfortable as this one that also feels very sophisticated.  The fringe top adds fun texture to this look, and I'm such a huge fan of fringe.  I have three fringe looks featured in this round-up!
Comfy Work Wear

#13 Date Night Maxi

I wore this outfit on a lovely date with my boo.  This skirt has the comfort of a maxi with the added interest of the shorter mini underneath.  This cropped tuxedo jacket has been my favorite jacket since I bought it, and hey, more fringe with the necklace!
Date Night Maxi

#14 Tickled Pink:  Romance and Tulle

As much as I usually appreciate a balance of feminine/masculine vibes, sometimes, I think it's fun just to feel super girly.  Tulle skirts are one of my favorite fashiony-type pieces...you know, not very practical for real life, but just too special and fun to resist.  
Tickled Pink:  Romance and Tulle

#15   Black Pants for Work:  Aztec Print and Fringe
Last but not least, one of my favorite looks this past year involved this sheer fringe top.  It's such a statement top, and I love letting the top be the standout piece in this look by keeping the rest of the outfit simple.
Black Pants for Work:  Aztec Prints and Fringe
Hope you enjoyed my round-up of my favorite posts during my second year of blogging! 

Blogging continues to be a sometimes exhausting, but always utterly enjoyable and enriching experience.  I thank you all so much for reading my blog, offering your comments and suggestions, and sharing a love of fashion together!

4 comments:

  1. Since I am new to your blog I enjoyed viewing your outfits and your style. Enjoy Your Life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all of these looks! gosh i wish we were besties and went shopping together lol

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!