3.01.2014

Even Flow


Hope you all are off to a fabulous weekend!  
Blazer:  LOFT Petites (Available here)
Today's outfit is what I wore for casual Friday at work yesterday.  I'm always a huge fan of looks that combine hard and soft edges, and this outfit does just that.  I paired cuffed "boyfriend" jeans and a tweed blazer with a ruffly blouse for a mix of masculine and feminine touches.

The purple bag and flower cuff are also offset by the chain link necklace and peep-toe booties. 
Necklace:  Target (old)
Cuff:  Claire's (old)
Blouse:  LOFT Petites (old)
The last time I featured this blouse on the blog, I talked about how I had decided it just wasn't me.  I had it in my sale/donation pile, but I had never gotten around to getting rid of it.  While it's still not quite ideal, I realized that I really liked the way it looked in this look.  
Jeans:  The Limited Petites (Available here)
Purse:  Target (Similar here)
While this shirt has been around for a while, the jeans are new and I'm loving how comfy they are!  They are my first purchase from The Limited's new petite line.  I am loving that the jeans have the same great stretch as their main jeans line, just perfectly proportioned!  

I am looking forward to more purchases of the shorter lengths of skirts and pants in the petite line, but I am disappointed in The Limited's decision to cap their sizing of tops and jackets at a large or size 12 (bottoms also cap at a 12).  I wish more companies would realize that there are petite gals who wear wear the larger range of straight sizing and want more options (that don't require a ton of alterations)!
Boots:  Target (Available here)
Have any of you petites checked out The Limited's new line?  Are you a fan of mixing masculine and feminine aesthetics in an outfit?

Fort this blouse in other looks, see here and here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!