9.25.2014

Fall Double Feature: Blue Hues

Does cooler weather make you blue?  

I love fall, but winters in the Midwest can be fairly harsh.  They can make a gal like me feel very down. 

Well, this year, the color palette for fall and winter can match that mood.  Virtually every shade of blue was seen on fall runways, and as I previously discussed, bright cobalt and royal blue have been named by Pantone as two of the trendiest colors for fall 2014.
Skirt:  Outback Red by The Limited (Available here)
Jacket:  The Limited (Available here)
But blue often unfairly gets associated only with feeling down or depressed when many blues are calming or vibrant or even energetic.  With almost every shade of blue out there this fall, you can create a look that suits any mood!
Tank:  LOFT Petites
Today, Irene of Petite Plus, Meow! and I continue our series on fall trends by trying out some popular blue shades for fall - Irene is in bright cobalt (see below), while I'm in more subdued navy.

 Neither of our looks will get you through winter (unless you are lucky enough to have very mild winters), but they are PERFECT for fall!!
Pearl bracelet:  New York & Company
This look isn't too dissimilar from the red maxi skirt look I featured here.  In fact, it's the same skirt - I nabbed this color on an end-of-summer clearance.

It's a formula of which I am particular fond.

Maxi skirt + tank + moto jacket = Casual Cool Happiness :-)

Earrings:  The Limited
I added some of my favorite fall neutrals - ivory and caramel - to my navy maxi skirt for a laid-back look.  I would wear this look for a relaxed evening out, a casual Friday at work, or shopping on weekends if I felt like getting a bit more dressed up.

A large tote and gold and pearl bracelets complete the look.
Tote:  The Limited
Bangles:  Target and Ann Taylor (Available here)
While my look is more casual and laid-back, Irene oomphs up the sex appeal, with a printed body con dress in bright cobalt.  Doesn't she look A-MA-ZING?!
Irene of Petite Plus, Meow!
Learn more about Irene's look over on her blog, Petite Plus, Meow! or find her on Facebook.

Are you a fan of wearing blue?  What shades will you be wearing this fall?

For the tank in other looks, see here and here.
For the jacket in another look, see here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!