9.21.2014

Fall Double Feature: Loving Leather

Today, I'm excited to start a new series.  This "double feature" is a collaboration with fellow petite curvy blogger, Irene from Petite Plus, Meow!

Irene describes her style as classic, feminine, and sophisticated.  I prefer modern classics with a little dark or edgy glamour.  Together, we will be exploring and putting our own twists on several fall trends.

Today, we are talking LEATHER!
Skirt: The Limited (old) (Similar here)
Bustier top:  Ann Taylor Petites (last year)
Leather is a huge trend for fall, and black leather is back in a huge way this season.  I love wearing faux leather (prefer to let the animals keep their skins)! 

Today, I'm playing with my fit-and-flare leather skirt.
Blazer:  Ann Taylor
Shoes: Simply Vera by Vera Wang for Kohl's (Available here)


Paired with a bustier-style top, a cropped tuxedo jacket, and lace-up heels, my leather skirt is ready for an evening out.  I would wear this for a fall fashion event or possibly a dressy date night.
Necklace: Ann Taylor
Earrings: Torrid

Rings:  Shoxie.com & Torrid
Bracelets:  The Limited & Ann Taylor (Available here)
While I love my look for evening, Irene's look could work for night or day!  Irene gave her faux leather leggings and drapey jacket a feminine twist with a floral blouse.


Irene of Petite Plus, Meow!
The leather on leather look is softened by the blouse and has a cool "Pink Ladies" vibe that I love.  Read more about her look over on her blog here or check her out on Facebook here.

Are you a fan of black leather?  How would you wear this trend?

Clutch:  Amazon.com (Available here)
For this skirt in other looks, see here, here, here, here, here, here, and here.
For this top in other looks, see here and here.
For this blazer in other looks, see here, here, and here.

6 comments:

  1. Both outfits are nice but I think you and I have similar tastes when it comes to leather. I so want to purchase a faux leather skater skirt from F21 to pair with a houndstooth print blazer with leather inserts but until then, my faux leather leggings will have to do.

    You look stunning doll.

    xo
    Eesh | The Other Side of Paradise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Eesh! The outfit you have in mind sounds really cute! I love houndstooth!

      Delete
  2. Love the outfit, Cassie, but I don't do leather. I would definitely wear it in faux! So cute on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Carla! I don't do leather either, unless it's vintage (and even then not often). My skirt is faux!

      Delete
  3. Cool blazer (yet another cool one of yours), lovely skirt, nice top, and cool caged sandals. I dislike the clutch, unfortunately. It's still a wonderful outfit. Classic Cassandra charm.

    johnbmarine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John! I love magazine clutches like these. I think they're so cool, but I can understand that they're not for everybody! :-)

      Cassie

      Delete

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!