9.26.2014

Fall Double Feature: Mad for Plaid

I hope you've been following my series in collaboration with Irene from Petite Plus, Meow! We've had so much fun this past week discussing fall trends!

Today, Irene and I are talking PLAID!

Whether you prefer it preppy, grungy, classic, or punk, plaid is back in a big way for fall this year.

My office job often dictates my clothing purchases and outfits, but a girl likes to play too!  So today, I styled glen plaid for both work AND play!

Glen plaid is a classic, but it can definitely read conservative - more conservative than I like. 

Blazer:  The Limited (Available here)
For work, I wanted to keep the look conservative but I wanted to add in some fun and individual elements, so I decided to play around with pattern mixing by adding a floral top to a glen plaid blazer. 
Pants:  The Limited (old)
Even though this blazer has a classic silhouette and print, it's got this amazing spade print lining and faux leather elbow patches. 

The flirty crop top adds a fun touch.
Top:  Target (Similar here)
Clutch:  The Limited
I kept jewelry minimal with just earrings and a couple rings, but I made sure that each of the pieces was interesting and "me."
Earrings:  Target (Available here)
Rings:  eloquii and NY&Co. (Available here and here)
I stayed simple on bottom with black skinny pants and added burgundy heels and clutch for a pop of fall color.
Heels:  Target
While my work look is a little preppy (with just enough whimsical elements added to get me through the work day), my evening look has a somewhat edgy feel.
Top:  The Limited (Available here)
Bracelet:  The Limited (old)
For play, I layered a sheer glen plaid top over a nude bra.  I threw a faux leather moto vest over top and added cutout ankle booties.  
Necklace:  Target
Booties:  Payless
A coated tweed clutch and pewter and silver jewelry complete the look.
Clutch:  The Limited
Rings:  Torrid
Bracelet:  Ann Taylor (Available here)
I took the "play" pics over a couple different days, so there are a few subtle differences in the pics.  Remember those "Find what's different" games we did as kids?  Today's blog post has a built-in activity!!  :-D

Always feminine, Irene paired her mid-length plaid skirt with a cozy sweater and ankle booties for a ladylike look with a little sass.  I love that we are both using roughly the same color palette but creating very different looks. 
Irene of Petite Plus, Meow!
See more of Irene's look over at Petite Plus, Meow! or follow her on Facebook.
Are you mad for plaid?  How would you style this trend?

For more looks featuring these pants, see here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here.

Check out all the other fall looks from this collab here, here, here, here, and here.  Last installment tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. (1st Outfit) I love how you styled that first outfit! There is not one element of your first outfit I dislike. The close-up of you in the first outfit is cute, as you smile so sweetly and have such a fabulous face. (2nd Outfit) You styled the second outfit pretty well also. Those peep-toe booties look awesome. This outfit has the right amount of edge and chic without compromise either way.

    If the question was "which do you like better?", I'd take the first outfit. Well done! Classic Cassandra charm.

    johnbmarine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John! I was feeling especially pretty the day I took the pics from the first look. :-)

      Delete

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!