9.13.2014

The Writing's on the Scarf

Happy Saturday, everyone!

Hope your weekend is off to a great start!  Today on the blog, I'm featuring two recent looks that both incorporated a new statement scarf from Torrid.

The pictures aren't great, unfortunately.  The weather this week has been rainy and windy - very non-cooperative for getting good pics.

Blazer:  The Limited
Scarf:  Torrid (Available here)
I wore this first look for yesterday's casual Friday at work.  Here, the scarf helps tie the look together and adds visual interest to this simple, easy look.  
Clutch:  The Limited
Ring:  Earthbound Trading Co.
Bracelets:  The Limited
A pale blue blazer keeps the color palette subtle, while silver jewelry adds some soft shine.
Jeans:  The Limited
Cami:  LOFT Petites
Boots:  Payless (old)
The second look was borne out of a desire for comfort.  In addition to the rainy and cool weather, I seem to be in the early stages of my annual bout of bronchitis.  I wasn't feeling well and I wanted to be warm and comfortable.  I chose very basic pants and a cami and added my oversized cocoon sweater.  Since I was still chilly, I threw on a scarf too.
Sweater:  Target (old) (Similar here)
Normally, I wouldn't pair two oversized pieces in the same look.  Being curvy and petite, it's definitely not the most flattering of looks.  That said, I liked it from a fashion standpoint.  Better yet, I was cozy and comfortable all day.
Pants:  The Limited
Cuff:  The Limited
Sandals:  Payless
Scarves can really help make a look, in my opinion.  I love taking simple outfits and letting a statement scarf do the work.

Do you like to use scarves to change up a look?  Would you wear an oversized sweater and scarf together?
P.S.  Voting is still open for the St. Louis Fashion Blog Awards.  Style Cassentials is up for three awards, including Blog of the Year!  Check out all the bloggers of Saint Louis Fashion Week, check out the events, and cast your votes here!!

For the jeans in other looks, see here, here, here, and here.
For the blazer in other look, see here, here, here, and here.

For the sweater in other looks, see here and here.

2 comments:

  1. Scarves can tremendously compliment any outfit. The ones you selected are very nice to go with your already lovely looks. You are stylishly sunny with your second outfit even in the wake of the rainy day. I like your first outfit too, but I kind of like the second one more.

    johnbmarine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John! I liked the first outfit better, but I was not happy with either set of pics!

      Delete

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!