9.23.2014

Fall Double Feature: Modern Monochrome

I hope you've been following my series in collaboration with Irene from Petite Plus, Meow!

We're discussing fall trends this week - if you missed my posts on leather or sweaters, you can check them out here and here.  When you're done here, head on over to Petite Plus, Meow! or find her on Facebook for all the details on how Irene styled the trends.

Today, we're talking everyone's favorite modern monochromatic combo - black and white!
Skirt: The Limited (Available here)
Top: New York & Company (Available here)
Black and white is always a favorite of mine.  Trendy or not, I wear a ton of this color combination every season, so you know I'll be rocking it plenty this fall too!

For today's outfit, I created a simple look, letting the shapes and fabrics stand out.
Boots:  Target (Available here)
This cape-style top has such a pretty sophistication.  Paired with a leather pencil skirt and ankle booties, the look works for a number of occasions.
Clutch:  Target
Fun accessories like a vintage purse locket, bold cuff, and graphic clutch keep the look from feeling too basic.
Cuff:  The Limited (Available here)
Locket:  Vintage
Earrings:  Torrid and The Limited (Available here and here)
This top really makes me happy - it reminds me of angel wings.  :-)


I'm generally a nice enough gal, but I'm hardly an angel, so the leather skirt and ankle booties provide the needed touch to bring this look back to earth and get the balanced look I love.
While I stuck with solids and a complete black and white palette, Irene went in a fun graphic direction with a printed skirt and black crop top.  She added a burgundy clutch for a bit of fall flair. 

I love that even though our looks have a different attitude, we both chose open-toe booties!  :-)

Irene of Petite Plus, Meow!

Are you a fan of black and white?  Do you plan on wearing a lot of it this fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!