10.23.2014

Slip Into Black

Happy Thursday, everyone! 

I'm excited that the work week is almost over, and we're expecting an unseasonably warm weekend! 
I'm looking forward to fun fall weekend plans - a screening of The Rocky Horror Picture Show, a fashion show, and pumpkin picking!!  :-D

I'm also seriously contemplating Halloween costumes.  It's my favorite holiday, mostly because I love the fun of dressing up.  I'm planning a make-shift costume to wear while taking the kids trick-or-treating!
Dress:  Ann Taylor
While my mind may be more on costumes, today, I'm talking alterations.

I previously featured this dress here in a petite x-large and found the fit a little large. I mentioned that I wanted to give it a go in a average size large.  The overall fit of the dress was a bit better, but it was even longer than the petite dress, which was already too long.

So, I had it taken up to a below-the-knee length and had the side slits raised.

I'm much happier with the overall fit and can't wait to try this dress out with printed tights and stockings as the weather continues to cool.
Vest:  The Limited
Earrings:  NY&CO and The Limited (Available here and here)
Clutch:  Amazon.com (Similar here)
Ring:  Earthbound Trading Company
This look with the moto vest was planned for a month or two ago, but unfortunately, it took me this long (note the brown hair in the "before" pic) to get the dress hemmed. 

I like this outfit for an early fall transitional look when it's still warm outside but your mind is on autumn.

Heels:  Payless
For those of you in warmer climates, it would likely still be a good choice.  :-)
Bracelet:  The Limited
Are you a fan of moto vests?

For this vest in another look, see here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!