10.01.2014

Teal Appeal

With the first day of October here, it finally feels like fall to me! 
Dress: LOFT Petites
Jacket:  Torrid (Similar here)
The weather is actually unseasonably warm here right now, but thankfully fall temps are on their way! 

October is my favorite month - partly because it is the month of my birth (heyyy, fellow Scorps), but also because it is the month when the leaves really start to change colors, when evenings get crisp and cool, and when Halloween happens! 


I'm kicking off this first day of my favorite month by wearing my favorite color - teal green.
Belt:  Torrid
Earrings:  Target (old)
I've made his maxi dress appropriate for early fall by adding a lightweight jacket and faux python clutch.

The cutouts in the back of the jacket help show off the backless silhouette of the dress while providing a layer of warmth.


Rings:  Torrid and Earthbound Trading Company (Available here)
Clutch: The Limited (Available here)
I would wear this look for a night out or substitute the heels for motorcycle boots and even wear it for day.
Shoes:  Target (old)
How do you get your wardrobe ready for fall?  Do you have a favorite month?  Why is it your favorite?

For this dress in another look, see here.
For the jacket in other looks, see here, here, and here.

6 comments:

  1. Cute look! Love that jacket with the back cutouts. I could see you wearing it with moto boots, too, Cassie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carla! Motorcycle boots and a maxi is one of my favorite casual combos.

      Delete
  2. I love this dress. You also picked out a sweet pair of sandals to compliment this dress. Nice jacket as well. Well-styled!

    johnbmarine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yay for Scorpios and people with birthday months in October, it's my birthday month too! :) But yeah this dress is gorgeous and i love how its backless and how you were able to show it off with the cutouts of the jacket but still have it covered up. My favorite month is December because I really love Christmas time and we celebrate the whole month. But yeah since the weather isn't fall weather yet, I'm transitioning my wardrobe by wearing fall prints with more warmer weather appropriate. :)

    Nina
    http://curvymod.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your birthday is on Halloween, right? Thanks Nina! The weather here has been so sporadic - very cool for a couple weeks, and spring-like the last few days.

      Delete

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!