10.28.2014

Day To Night Minimalism

Hope your week is off to a good start!  I'm sorry I've been gone from the blogosphere for a while.

I've been so busy with work and fun time and haven't had a lot of time or energy for blogging. For me, blogging has ups and downs. When I start to feel blogger burnout, I try to step back a bit instead of forcing myself to write without passion.  While I take my blogging seriously, I never want it to feel like just another "job."

Skirt:  The Limited
It's kind of nice to be living life though, having fun playing board games with the kids and getting ready for Halloween, going to fashion shows, and spending a little time with the man.  Sometimes, I get so bogged down between my paid job and blogging that I let myself lose focus on actually living!!


I'm feeling a little more refreshed and have several posts planned, including today's outfit post featuring yesterday's work look with a day to night twist.

Top:  New York & Company (Available here)
Here, a statement making necklace helps bring together a solid pencil skirt, trapeze top, and blazer.

I love minimalist looks, but I would be bored by this outfit if it weren't for the necklace and textured bag.  For me, basic pieces usually require a little something extra to help make a look feel interesting and more unique.

Blazer:  The Limited (Similar here)
Satchel:  The Limited
While this outfit felt polished and professional for work, I would swap out the black blazer for a moto jacket for a super quick day to night switch.

Jacket:  Torrid (Available here)
FYI, I normally wear a size 0 at Torrid and sized up to a 1 in this jacket to get a more relaxed and slightly longer fit in this cropped jacket. 

I plan on getting the sleeves shortened soon, but otherwise, I'm happy with the fit.


Boots:  Target

Earrings:  New York & Company
Do you have any quick day to night wardrobe tricks?  Which look do you prefer? 

For this skirt in other looks, see here and here.
For this blazer in other looks, see here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!