8.03.2013

One Year Prospective - What's Coming!

I have spent the last several weeks reflecting over my blog and the direction that I would like to see it go in the future.
Boyfriend jeans:  The Limited (Available here)
Fashion has been a lifelong passion, and I have been having fun continuing to evolve my style over the last year.  I will continue to offer lots of outfit posts, between 3-4 times a week - sometimes more, sometimes less depending on what is going on in my non-blogging life.

I would like to take some of my time though to move the blog towards my larger goals of promoting body confidence and discussing clothes, fashion, beauty, etc. as they relate to the culture-at-large.

I've always wanted my blog to be more interactive and more multi-focused than just "what I wore today."  As much as I love discussing and showing my fashion and having people actually care about what I wear, I've also struggled with feeling like doing so was a little too ego-centric and shallow.

Blouse: Outback Red by The Limited (old)
Purse:  The Limited (old)
Starting later today, you will still start seeing a regular Saturday feature, called "Cassential Links."  I have been inspired by a couple of my favorite blogs which have a similar feature.  Weesha's World and Already Pretty regularly provide features that link their readers to varioius content.  They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and I am very sincerely imitating this idea because I think it's a great one.  Expect to see links to other bloggers of all shapes and sizes rocking cool looks, links to body-positive articles and content, as well as links to socially-oriented content that relates to fashion, gender, body image, and other relevant topics.

At least once or twice a month, I will also be writing my own socially-oriented content.  I questioned myself a lot in posting "Loving Myself:  The Path to Self-Acceptance" and "Mod Squad" and even more so in posting "Grrrrrrl Power."  I worried that I would alienate readers or cause friction by incorporating my politics and social views into my posts.  It turns out that my worries were in vein as I've received nothing but positive response to all of these posts.  Also, those posts were among my most shared and most viewed posts.

I'm very inspired and validated by the responses that I've received to that work, which tells me that I have hit on something relevant.  In the end, I have also realized that I am willing to lose readers if it means that I am able to offer content that is authentic and that allows me to focus on my larger goals.

Bracelets:  The Limited
Shoes:  Target
I hope you will enjoy these new additions to my blog.  I look forward to the next year!

P.S.  Today starts Denim Week!!!  I wore this outfit last weekend to the movies.  The man and I watched "The Heat."  The movie was hilarious, and it was awesome to see a buddy cop movie featuring women!  Melissa McCarthy and Sandra Bullock were a great combo!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!