3.26.2013

Mod Squad

Sorry I've been a little out of commission the last several days.  We got a major snowstorm, and I spent the weekend at home in sweats.

Blouse:  New York & Company (Available here)
Pants:  The Limited (Available here)
Today's look is inspired by 1960s mod dressing.  The black and white graphic, almost 3-D print of the blouse has a cool pop art feel that makes me think of mod styles from the 60s, especially when color blocked with the red pants. 

I added a vintage necklace from the 60s and a graphic ring to complete the look.
Vintage Necklace:  Philadelphia Vintage and Consignment Shoppe
Heels:  Target (Available here)
Purse:  The Limited
Our clothing choices always take place in a social context. My choices today are related to the fashion and style of the 1960s and a major social movement that still influences us today (learn more about the mod movement here and here). 

My outfit today is also tied to current social events sure to make history.  Today, I'm wearing red to show my support for marriage equality, an issue that is very near and dear to my heart.  As the U.S. Supreme Court debates the future of California's Prop 8 and the Defense of Marriage Act this week, my thoughts are on creating a more equal society that recognizes the rights of all of its citizens, regardless of sexual orientation.
Jacket:  The Limited
Ring:  LOFT
Do you like mod styles



For more information on the Supreme Court hearings, see here.
 
See these pants styled differently, see here, here, and here.
See this jacket in other looks here, here, here, here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!