9.05.2013

Fall 2013 Fashion Trends: Below-the-knee and Midi Skirts

This fall, hemlines generally are staying at or below the knee.  Below-the-knee and midi skirts are a big trend for fall.
Skirt:  Target (Available here)
Clutch:  Target

Blouse:  Target (Available here)
Ring:  The Limited (Available here)

I've never considered midi-length skirts to be flattering for someone as petite as me, but I was intrigued by the idea of changing up my hemline this season.  
DKNY Fall 2013 look
Source:  Style.com

Proenza Schouler Fall 2013 look
Source:  Style.com
BCBG Max Azria Fall 2013 look
Source:  Style.com

I found this faux-leather trim pencil skirt from Target, and I decided it would be a great choice for trying out this trend.  The slim fit of the skirt and heels create an elongating effect.
The faux-leather trim extends along the waistline, so it will look good worn with a tucked-in blouse and blazer for work.  Today, I decided to pair it with a flowy colorblocked top.
Cuff:  Express
Earrings:  The Limited
Shoes:  Target
I like the look of the high-low hemlines of both the skirt and top. I think it adds to the overall elongating effect of this outfit.

For more on the leather trend, see here.
For more on the green trend, see here.

Pssst.....Please don’t forget to vote here every day for Style Cassentials in the Saint Louis Fashion Blog Awards! I'm nominated for "Best Personal Style," "Best Delivery of Personal Style," and "Best Use of Facebook"!! While you're there, check out a very talented group of St. Louis area fashion bloggers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!