9.07.2013

Fall 2013 Fashion Trends: Military

In both fall and spring, military-inspired looks were a major trend.  This look has continued into this fall and is a major source of all the green we're seeing on fall runways (see more here).

Here, I've taken the trend in a more casual direction. 
Jacket:  Old Navy (Similar here and here)
Dress:  The Limited (Similar here, here, and here)
Soccer mom duty has officially started back up, and I spent the day outside (and make-up free!) in 100 degree heat.  I kept the look simple and casual today to beat the heat, giving this sailor striped dress a bit of a bohemian look.  I like how the chain link necklace adds to the nautical vibe.
Purse:  The Limited (Available here)
Necklace:  Torrid
Sandals:  Target
When the temperature cools down, I will definitely be wearing the look with my army jacket and booties.  I'll add black tights when it gets colder.

Here's a few of my military-inspired favorites from the runway:
3.1 Phillip Lim Fall 2013 look
Source:  HarpersBazaar.com
Prabal Gurung Fall 2013 look
Source:  HarpersBazaar.com
I have to get virtually everything altered to fit properly.  Sometimes, alterations aren't enough to get a perfect fit, but they definitely make a huge difference in how an outfit looks.

Here's a quick before and after:


Purse:  Express
I had the dress hemmed a couple inches.  To get a better fit on the jacket, I washed and dried it. Then, I had the sleeves taken in a bit for a slightly slimmer fit.

The result is loose and comfortable, but much more figure flattering.
Booties:  Target

Do you like the military trend?

For the army jacket in another look, see here.

Please don’t forget to vote here every day through September 16th for Style Cassentials in the Saint Louis Fashion Blog Awards! I'm nominated for "Best Personal Style," "Best Delivery of Personal Style," and "Best Use of Facebook"!! While you're there, check out a very talented group of St. Louis area fashion bloggers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!