9.20.2013

St. Louis Fashion Week Kick-Off Party & Blog Awards - My Not So Glamorous Life

Last night was the kick-off to St. Louis Fashion Week and the Blogger Awards!
Pants:  The Limited (Sold out on-line; may be available in stores)
Blazer:  The Limited (Available here)
I'm so excited to announce that I won the People's Choice Award for "Best Delivery of Personal Style"!  Thank you all so much for voting for "Style Cassentials."  Your support means so much!!!

For the awards and party, I wanted a polished, clean look that had just a little bit of edge.  I decided on an all-black outfit with gold touches.

Heels:  Simply Vera by Vera Wang (Sold out on-line; may be available in some Kohl's stores)
Clutch:  The Limited (Available here)
Top:  Ann Taylor Petites (Available here)
Bracelet:  Local shop
I took these pics at the end of the night.  My feet were sore, and I was super sweaty - the humidity had taken its toll on me and my flat-ironed hair.  :-(

In looking at the pics, I noticed the kids had also gotten hold of some chalk and drew on the house.  Ha! 
Before the Awards
As glam as I may start my evening, reality always sets in!!!  I'm not complaining...it just reminds me all the more that while the images we see in magazines can be beautiful, they aren't real. 

They're taken with perfect lighting, hair and make-up artists on stand-by, and then air-brushed and re-imaged to impossible standards (see more here).  I'll take real-life - sweat, chalk, and all!
Belt:  The Limited (Similar here)
Earrings:  New York & Company (Available in silver here)
With Julia of "Oh, Julia Ann"
Photo c/o Psyche Southwell of "Economy of Style"
P.S.  Thanks again for voting!

For this top in another look, see here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!