9.06.2013

Fall 2013 Fashion Trends: Grey is the New Black

Black continued to be a major color on fall's runways as did winter white; however, grey took center stage as the neutral for fall 2013.  While nothing can replace black as my favorite go-to neutral, grey is a wonderful and softer option that works well with many skin tones. 
Sweater:  Target (Available here)
Pants:  The Limited (Similar here)
Head-to-toe grey is super sophisticated, but grey also works well with black and white as well as camel, cognac, navy, and the gorgeous jewel tones that were all over fall runways.
Haider Ackerman Fall 2013 look
Source:  Style.Com
Rachel Zoe Fall 2013 look
Source:  MarieClaire.com
Blouse:  The Limited
Tote:  New York & Company (Similar here)
I love this batwing cocoon sweater.  When I first saw the sweater, I thought it was so chic, but then I started thinking that maybe it looked a little like Dorothy on "Golden Girls."  Then, I decided that this is not a bad thing.  "Golden Girls" is an amazing show, and Dorothy is my favorite character.  So, hey, whatev...  :-)  
Shoes:  Target
Cuff:  The Limited
Necklace:  Target

The sweater is lightweight and airy, but it is still warm.  The black piping adds a cool touch. I have a few different outfit ideas for this sweater that I'm looking forward to wearing this fall.

Do you like using grey as a neutral?


Please don’t forget to vote here every day through September 16th for Style Cassentials in the Saint Louis Fashion Blog Awards! I'm nominated for "Best Personal Style," "Best Delivery of Personal Style," and "Best Use of Facebook"!! While you're there, check out a very talented group of St. Louis area fashion bloggers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!