9.29.2013

St. Louis Magazine Honors The City's Most Stylish

This past Wednesday, I attended St. Louis Magazine's Fashion Soiree, an event celebrating St. Louis Magazine's Best Dressed over the last ten years.

The night's event included a fashion show styled by St. Louis Magazine's Jan Leach Givens with looks from several awesome local stores, including East + West, Esther, Mister Guy, and Paisley Boutique.  The St. Louis Rams also debuted their 2013 styles (who knew sports gear could be so fashionable?)

Some of my favorite looks from the show:
After the fashion show, the night's honorees were announced. 

Honorees included:


Faith Berger, Art Consultant
Tania Beasley-Jolly, Marketing Director at Saks Fifth Avenue
Tania Beasley-Jolly
Sohaila Danesh, Interior Designer
David Diener, Wealth Management Advisor
Arnold Donald, CEO of Carnival Corp.
Jimmy Jamieson, Interior Designer
Kim Miller, Philanthropist
Susan Sherman, Co-Founder of Craft Alliance's Fashion Lab
Ozzie Smith, yep that awesome former St. Louis Cardinal
Doug Winship, General Manager of Mister Guy

One of my favorite things to do is to people-watch.  Maybe, it's the sociologist in me, but I love observing people.  I had fun snapping pics of some of the best dressed (in my opinion) party-goers.
Suzy Bacino, Jonathon Spradling, Megan Gelber, Taylor Perry
Ali Graeff and Marisa Lather of Vanilla in Vogue
Kendra and Mark Austin of Mark Austin Bespoke Couture
Middle:  Rikki Byrd, Founder and Editor-in-chief of  SCULPT Magazine (see more here)
Deborah Pontius, Carmen Ogonoski
This is what I wore to the show:
Blazer:  LOFT Petites (Available here)
Camisole:  LOFT Petites (Sold out on-line; may be available in stores)
Clutch:  Jason Wu for Target (old) (Available on eBay here)
Skirt:  The Limited (Available here)
Shoes:  Target
Since I considered this a working and networking event, I wanted a stylish but low-key outfit.  I was going for a feminine look with a masculine twist (my favorite combo) by pairing the feminine skirt and cami with a more masculine double-breasted blazer.  In the end, I think the proportions were off.  A shorter, more fitted jacket would have worked, but the jacket was a little too large for the flowy skirt.  Oh well!  :-)
Necklace:  The Limited
Bracelets:  The Limited and Torrid (Available here)
Earrings:  The Limited (Available here)
P.S.  Sorry I've been absent in the blogosphere for several days.  I've been busier than usual, but the worst part has been a week of crippling sinus headaches.  I couldn't take staring at a computer screen!  :-(

That said, I have a lot to share.  For my non-local fans, some of my next several posts, including this one, may be of limited interest as they relate to my coverage of the awesome St. Louis fashion events happening this week.  I'll also be throwing in some normal outfit posts and my Cassential Links for those of you who have been following me from all over the world.  

Have I said thank you enough for your viewership?  If not, thank you, spasibo, herzlichen dank, merci, asante, gracias, sag olun, etc.!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!