9.24.2013

Glam Geek

Today's look takes my "Chic Geek" tee to a slightly edgy androgynous glam place (Does such a place exist, and how do I get to such a wonderland??!!).
Blazer:  New York & Company
Pants:  The Limited
Clutch:  Target (Similar here)
I've only recently started wearing t-shirts outside of the house again.  

In high school and my early years of undergrad, I wore a LOT of 
t-shirts - my favorite music (John Lennon, Pearl Jam, R.E.M.), my favorite quotes (Nietzche), my social causes (vegetarianism, animal rights, Amnesty International), portraits of my favorite authors (Steinbeck and Poe... because I couldn't find Camus) - you name it, I had it on a t-shirt. 

Maybe it was t-shirt overload or maybe it was an effort to mature my sartorial choices, but at some point around my junior year of college, I stopped wearing t-shirts except as lounge wear.
T-shirt:  Target (Available here)
Bracelets:  Express, The Limited, Claire's, H&M
Over the last year or two, I have seen my t-shirt collection grow.  I have a lot of kids, creating a need for a more casual weekend wardrobe that works for my lifestyle.  I also realized that there are a lot of cool t-shirts out there, and I was missing out.
 

My t-shirt looks are often super casual (stay tuned for tomorrow's post), but I also love the idea of dressing tees up with fancier fabrics like velvet, silk, and faux leather.
Rings:  Earthbound Trading Company and The Limited (Available here)
Shoes:  Target
Some of my previous t-shirt looks:
Cabana Coral
Bettie at the Movies

A Shorts Story
Hello Kitty









































 



For this tee in another look, see here.
For these pants in other looks, see here and here.
For this blazer in other looks, see here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!