2.27.2014

Shadow Florals and a Do-Over Look

Hope you all have had a great week.
Pants:  The Limited (Similar here)
Blouse:  The Limited (Not available on-line; may be in stores)
Today's look is one of those outfits that I can get by with at work on rare occasion.  It feels a little too casual to wear it often, but on those days when you just feel like flowy clothes, it works.

I love the shadow floral print on the blouse.  Florals always make me think of spring, but I love that this print isn't the typical bright floral prints you see in the spring.

Cardigan:  The Limited (Available here)
Boots:  Fergalicious by Fergie (Available here)
Bag:  The Limited
Necklace:  The Limited
Bracelets:  World Market, Target, The Limited
I'm a big fan of bright greens with black and ivory, so I paired a green boyfriend cardigan to maintain the comfort and ease of the top.

In other topics, sometimes I wear an outfit or see my blog pictures and realize that there was something "off" with the look that if tweaked would greatly improve the look.  


Such was the case with the look from my "Seafoam and Red" post.  I had not hemmed the shirt yet, and it was a little too long.  I had planned on wearing this blazer with pewter lapels (rather than the plain black worn) to tie the pants and blazer together more, but I was still waiting on it to get altered at the time.  Also, while I really do love seafoam and red together, I was not carrying the red clutch around all day, so the bangle seemed a little out of place.  I needed to incorporate more red in the look itself to get the full effect.

I will also add that in editing my photos, my images got blurred and accidentally saved, so my pics from the first post were not as clear.

Seafoam and Red look
Clutch:  The Limited (See here)
Blazer:  The Limited
Additional outfit details in original post
After hemming the top, I decided to wear the outfit again, skipping the red accessories (as fun as they are) and opting for a sleek black clutch.
Which look do you prefer?

2 comments:

  1. I, unfortunately, am not liking the colorblocked pants of the second outfit too much. I'm going with the first one here. You're styled nicely in both outfits.

    johnbmarine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks John! I know you said before that you weren't a big fan of the pants. I think they're fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!