3.05.2014

Surfer Print from Peter Pilotto for Target

Happy Hump Day!!!

We've made it more than halfway through the work week!  That's cause to celebrate.  Take time to treat yourself tonight to a bubble bath, a glass of wine, or 30 minutes of a good book (or all of the above). 

My work week is a little crazed as the man and I are finally getting to our weekend getaway that we were planning for Valentine's Day weekend.  He passed his Nurse Practitioner certification exam (woohoo!), and now we will be getting some much needed R&R this weekend. 

Top: Peter Pilotto for Target (Available here; Similar here)
Blazer:  New York & Company
The fun weekend plans mean that I'm cramming more work and more blogging into the week so that I can veg and be electronic free this weekend!

All this work calls for a little fun with my wardrobe, so today, I threw on some colorful pieces that put me in the mindset of spring even if the weather is not yet cooperating.

Pants:  The Limited (Similar here)
Shoes:  Target

Bracelets:  LOFT, Express, Target

I picked up a couple of pieces from the Peter Pilotto line for Target a while back.  I love the surfer-vibe of this top and can't wait to wear it this summer with a printed skirt and more bright colors.

The blue blazer brings out the vivid colors of the top, while the black pants and shoes keep the look conservative enough for work.


The more I wear this blazer, the more I realize that I'm not a fan of the fit - it's too long and the proportions are off, even after alterations.  I'm going to be on the lookout this spring for a cobalt blazer in a petite fit because I love this color but long for a more flattering fit.

It's a good reminder to myself to be more vigilant with my shopping to get the right piece the first time - I am too easily seduced by a color, pattern, or other detail. :-/
Clutch:  The Limited (Available here)
Are you a fan of bold, colorful prints or do you like to keep things more low-key?  Any exciting weekend plans around the bend??

For this blazer in other looks, see here, here, here, here, here, here, and here.

5 comments:

  1. I can definitely relate to buying something because I really like it but then later on realize it doesn't fit that great and end up not really wearing it. But yeah I love the cobalt blue blazer and the fit doesn't seem bad to me but that's only through pictures. But yeah the shirt is cute and I can't wait to see the other items you got from the collection, I wanted to pick up a few pieces but I didn't like the fit of them. But yeah congrats to your husband and enjoy your weekend getaway! :)

    Nina
    http://curvymod.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nina!
    I got the black and white print skirt that was paired with this top on-line. That's it so far, but there are a few other pieces I am considering if/when the price becomes right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Putri! I took an xl in this top. I had the shoulders taken up and some of the length removed.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful, what size did you get for the peter pilotto tank top?

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!