4.29.2013

Neon Edge

After a week of black and white, I am ready for some color!! 

Dress:  Eloquii by The Limited (Available here)
Jacket:  Forenza by The Limited (Available
here)

Today's look combines three bold colors - hot pink, neon yellow, and cobalt blue.  In a pants look, I think this would be too much color, but I think this outfit works because there's enough skin showing to offset all the color.
Heels:  Target (Available here)
This look is spring-y but still manages to have a bit of an edgy, rock-n-roll vibe due to the moto jacket and fringe dress.
Necklaces (worn as bracelets):  The Limited
Today's look almost didn't happen.  I'm a little too small for Eloquii, so even though I loved this dress, I wasn't going to buy it.  After waiting and hoping that The Limited would carry the same style, I decided to give this Eloquii dress a try.  It's a little big so I was considering alterations, but I kind of like the relaxed, shift shape (I did get it hemmed).

I saw this jacket at The Limited when it first came out, but I didn't think it could be altered due to the zippers on the wrist.  I decided to give it a try when it went on clearance, and I'm so glad I did!  I lost most of the zippers, but I'm willing to overlook that because I love the color and style so much.
No matter what your body size/shape, most clothes will not fit perfectly off the rack. When you're petite and curvy, this is all the more true.  It would be wonderful if more mainstream clothing manufacturers catered to "specialty" sizes, but in the meantime, I am all about making the clothes work for me!

I've entered this look in a summer color challenge through Lucky Magazine and Dasani.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!