10.10.2015

Imitation Game: Kim Kardashian West

It's the weekend!  Time to catch up on sleep, meet up with friends, and time for another Imitation Game post!
Blazer:  Eloquii (Available here)
This week, I take inspiration from Kim Kardashian West.  Kim is not my favorite Armenian (that honor goes to my grandfather), but she is definitely my favorite dressed Armenian.

I just absolutely love her style! 

Skirt:  NY&CO
Today's look isn't inspired by a particular look but by her overall style.  Over the last few years, she has really refined her sexy style, wearing a lot of neutrals and monochromatic looks in simple cuts with minimal accessorizing.  The result is that her natural beauty and her gorgeous figure really stand out.
Photo on left, source:  FabFashionFix.com
Photo on right, source:  PopSugar.com
She is well-known for her love of body conscious styles while I tend to shy away from them. 

I decided to push myself a little bit this week by pairing a knit pencil skirt and tank to create the style of a bodycon dress. 

Sunglasses:  Calvin Klein
Taking inspiration from her recent Valentino cape dress, I paired the skirt and tank with a cape blazer.
Tank:  Eloquii (Available here)
Clutch:  Eva Mendes for NY&CO
Shoes:  Payless
Like virtually everything, this cape blazer from +ELOQUII required some alterations.  Instead of having the cape part of the blazer hemmed all the way around, I opted to just have the front taken up and worked in to the back of the cape at an angle to create a slight high-low effect.
Are you a fan of Kim Kardashian's style?  What did you think of my chubby girl interpretation?  ;-)

For the skirt in other looks, see here, here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!