10.26.2015

Manic Monday: Day to Night

It's Monday...which means back to work and back to those groggy mornings of trying to figure out what to wear.
Skirt:  Eloquii (Available here)
I don't have a lot of need for day to night fashion.  I usually go home to my kids and man right after work and peel off my clothes in favor of sweatpants.  I live an exciting life, I tell ya! ;-D

Honestly, I'm such a homebody, I wouldn't have it any other way, but on rare occasion, I may have an event or after work date for which a day-to-night option is favored.

 Tank:  Eloquii (Available here)
Tonight's look is perfect for transitioning from the work day to an evening function.  This look makes me feel sharp, sophisticated, and professional - all the things I want to feel at work.
Jacket:  Forever 21+
The peplum skirt is flattering, and I love the midi length.  The skirt is too long for me (as compared to the intended fit), but I like it. 

I had the skirt taken in to get a more pencil-y fit, and I plan to get it taken in a bit more to get the super sleek fit I'm wanting.  I may also have the peplum shortened a bit to be in better proportion to my frame.  


As it is now though, I still love it, and the cropped jacket has just the right fit to top the skirt.
Satchel:  Target
To transition this outfit to evening, I lowered the tank a bit and added a fun clutch.
Clutch:  Torrid
Boots:  New Look (Available here)
As professional as this outfit makes me feel, it also makes me feel really sexy, making it perfect for after work dinner or drinks with the hubby!
Glasses:  Valentino
I think when you're choosing an option for day to night, first and foremost, you need to feel great in what you're wearing.  It needs to be comfortable and non-fussy (you don't want to be fidgeting with your outfit all day AND night).

Necklace:  The Limited
Finishing off the look, I went with a couple of bold pieces of jewelry and booties.  A gold coil necklace and cuff works well for day but also transitions easily to night, and I'm always up for comfy booties any time, day or night (more on these new booties later).
Bracelet:  The Limited
Do you have much need for day-to-night work wear options?  How do you make the transition?

For the jacket in other looks, see here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, herehere, here, here, here, and here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!