8.13.2012

Fall 2012 Fashion Picks: (Faux) Leather

Hi everyone!  

I apologize for the lack of posts the last few days as I've been without adequate internet access.  


I'm on vacation, so this week, I will be blogging my picks out of the fall 2012 trends.


Leather (or faux leather) is everywhere for fall.  I am sooo coveting a cropped leather jacket. It's an edgier alternative to the black blazer but almost as versatile.

I'm on the fence about whether to buy a leather jacket or a vegan alternative.  As a friend to animals, I prefer animals wear their own skin.  I seldom buy real leather, and when I do, I usually opt for vintage or used pieces to be more animal and environmentally friendly. 

A major issue with finding a leather jacket is fit.  Jackets made of cotton, wool, or synthetic fabrics can generally be altered to fit.  Leather and faux leather is harder to alter, so finding a jacket that fits both a curvy and a petite frame has proven difficult, but my search is on!

Here's my picks for the leather look:

 Asos Curve leather biker jacket
Simply Be black and chocolate PU biker jacket
I was loving the look of this ponte knit and faux leather tee from The Limited.  While I love The Limited, this top did not live up to my hopes.  It had a boxy, unflattering fit and looked a little inexpensive.  If I can find something similar though, I'm on it!  Such an edgy but conservative addition to a work suit.

The Limited faux leather tee
The Limited has some other faux leather pieces coming out on September 6, including a pencil skirt and jacket.  I will definitely be checking them out!

I am seriously considering a vegan leather pencil skirt this fall.  Who doesn't love a skirt that lets you live out your inner bad girl self while at work in an office?  Or is that just me?  ;-D
Tinley Road vegan leather pencil skirt
Do you like the leather trend?  Do you wear real leather?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!