8.01.2012

Color me comfy!

As much as I love clothes, by Wednesday, I often fight the urge to roll into work in my jammies.  Today was one of those days.  I like to plan my outfit for the next day before I go to bed, but I didn't do that last night.  This morning, I had no clue what I wanted to wear other than I wanted something comfortable and easy.

I came up with this colorful look.  Probably the biggest trend this year has been colorblocking.  It's an easy trend, one that many people were probably already doing.  I'm not afraid of color, but I definitely tend to steer towards neutrals.  Today's look was a bit uncharacteristic for me.  I paired the teal dress with a citron and beige sweater, colors I normally wouldn't pair.  To avoid looking like an Easter egg and to tie in the beige from the sweater, I added neutral leopard flats, a camel bag, and black and gold bangles.

Cardigan:  The Limited
 Being only 4'9" and fuller figured, I often feel a little stumpy or dowdy in flats.   Flats work here though because the shorter hemline of the dress helps lengthen the leg without the need for heels.  If you can't or don't wear heels, look for maxi dresses or dresses that hit above the knee for the most flattering visual effect.

Bag:  The Limited



































By the end of the day, I was comfortable but still on the fence about whether these pieces worked together.  What do you think?  Is this look a hit or a miss?



Bracelets:  Claire's, Target

Earrings:  Express
Shoes:  Target Kid's Department


Dress: Target Petites

P.S.  I apologize for the quality of today's photos.  An after work dentist appointment forced a rushed and indoor photo session.  :-(



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!