11.27.2012

Fashion Repeat

Hey everyone!

I'm back after a short hiatus!  I had a major family emergency, which made fashion seem rather unimportant.  As much as I love clothing and having fun with style, I was reminded this week how important it is to put things like fashion into perspective.

Today, I opted for familiar favorites.  This blog is all about real-world style - which means that clothing gets repeated, sometimes often.  

Writing this blog has created a little self-induced pressure to continually come up with new ideas and new looks, but the reality is that most of us have certain looks that we like to wear over and over.  Those are great outfits for those frantic mornings and "I have nothing to wear" days!
Blazer:  The Limited (Similar here)
Blouse:  Old Navy
I love my tuxedo blazer, but I struggle with creative new ways to style it.  The champagne color can be difficult to mix with other colors, so I usually opt for pieces in black and champagne to pair it with.
Pants:  The Limited (Similar here)
Shoes:  Target (Available here)
I added green pumps and my jade ring to add in a bit of color.  I liked the green color with champagne which makes me think that I should add a blouse or dress in that shade to my shopping list.
Purse:  Express (Sold out online, see here)
Ring:  Vintage (gift)
Earrings:  The Limited (Similar here)
Do you make shopping lists based off what you already have in your wardrobe, or do you shop more on impulse?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!