11.12.2012

Subtle Sparkle

Happy Monday everyone!  Hope you all had a great weekend.
Blouse:  The Limited (Available here)
Pants:  The Limited (Similar here)
I love a look with a little bit of edgy glamour.  One of my favorite things about the fall holiday season is definitely the fashion.  Fancy fabrics, embellishments, and sparkle - from Thanksgiving to New Year's, fashion is just a little more fun.

During the fall and winter months, I definitely opt for a lot of black, but mixing textures, silky fabrics, and embellishments keep me from getting bored.

Lace blazer:  The Limited (Similar here)
Today, I opted for a monochromatic look, adding in just a few small pops of color with burgundy heels and periwinkle nails.

Today's look was all about the subtle sparkle, mixing matte black pieces with glitter, gems, and rhinestones.  

Shoes:  Target (Available here)
Ring:  The Limited (old)
Nail polish:  Essie "Bikini So Teeny" and "Stroke of Brilliance" (Available at Target)
I chose hematite-colored rhinestone bow stud earrings, bangle, and this oversized bow ring.  The glittery nail polish adds a bit more sparkle.
Bangle:  Target (old)
The blouse adds extra embellishments, and the lace blazer adds a bit of texture.
Bow earrings:  Target (Available in stores; Similar here)
Purse:  New York & Company (Similar here)
It can be difficult to decide how much "holiday cheer" is acceptable in the work place.  Obviously, work place dress codes vary greatly.  I work in a fairly conservative field with a business casual dress code.  I probably push the envelope some days in regards to what's appropriate for my job, but I generally try to tow the line.
Do you like to dress up your work looks for the holidays?  How much sparkle do you think is "just right" for work?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!