10.23.2012

Channeling Chanel

I've been waiting for the temperature to drop so that I could wear this tweed jacket.  It's one of my very favorite pieces.  I love the collarless design and the silver threads.
Jacket:  Gap
Blouse:  Old Navy (Similar here)
I love how the tweed jacket, bow front blouse, and quilted bag have a Chanel vibe.  I love the classic style of Chanel but can't afford the hefty price tags.
Tote:  New York & Company (Similar here)
Shoes:  Target (Available here)


Chanel jacket


My general view of designer fashion is that it's inspirational, but ultimately not worth the higher price tags.  I can be a little fickle in my fashion choices and like to change my wardrobe up regularly.  Also, unless the piece is truly high-quality enough to last for 20 years with regular usage, $2000 for a purse just isn't very rational,  maybe even a little immoral.

IF I ever decide to save up for a designer piece or hit the lottery, I would definitely choose to invest in a Chanel piece - a quilted bag or a tweed jacket.  I would go with black in a classic style like the jacket shown above so that it would get lifelong wear and hopefully be passed down as an heirloom to my daughter. 
Pants:  The Limited (Available here)
Do you have any favorite designers?  What's your take on high-end fashion?

More on Chanel's famous black tweed jacket here at The Guardian
Bracelet:  The Limited (Sold out online; see here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!