12.14.2014

eShakti Holiday - 70s Child

I am a child of the 70s...born in 1977.  I've always been attracted to styles that would have been popular around that time - slinky fabrics, maxi dresses, and bohemian looks with a touch of glam.
Tie Front Sequined Crepe Tunic:  c/o eShakti (Temporarily out of stock - see here)
Recently eShakti reached out to me regarding their amazing selection of holiday fashion, and I had the opportunity to pick out a new piece.
Shoes:  Simply Vera by Vera Wang
There were so many pretty options from gorgeous vintage-inspired looks to glam sequins to modern classic capes. 
Seamed Empire Waist Polydupion Dress
Sequin front cotton knit tank top
Black Wool Blend Cape
With such an amazing selection, I was a little overwhelmed at first, but I finally decided on this lace-up tunic accented with tonal sequins. 
Earrings:  Locally purchased
It has a 70s bohemian feel that I love, but the black color, sequins, and crepe fabric keep it from reading too casual or grungy.

70s inspired bohemian looks were a big trend on spring 2015 runways as were babydoll dresses, so this tunic feels as current as it does retro.

Clutch:  The Limited (Available here)
Ring:  The Limited
I've styled the tunic simply here, just opting for lace-up heels to play up the lacing detail on the dress.  Since the dress is so short, I'd pair it with leggings, jeans, or opaque tights for everyday wear.  I'd wear this look to a New Year's party with some glittery tights like these or these.

For reference, I chose the custom fit option, using my specific height and measurements.  I also chose a custom styling option and opted for 3/4 length sleeves.


Are you a fan of eShakti?  Have you tried their custom options yet?

Do you like bohemian styles?

1 comment:

  1. Ah, you are a 70s child like me! I was born in '75. And I love the bohemian look. I have a few items from eShakti that I have my eye on but have not made a purchase. They were just recently brought to my attention. I love this look on you & look forward to seeing more boho outfits!

    Janeane
    www.designingfrommycloset.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!