12.15.2014

Holiday Double Feature - Red & Green

Your holiday calendar is likely full with at least a few parties and get-togethers over the next few weeks.

But what to wear? 

You're likely to need a festive frock or sparkly sweater for this super social season.
  This week, Irene of Petite Plus, Meow! and I are going to be giving you some inspiration when it comes to outfits, accessories, and all that jazz with our special Holiday Double Feature!

We're kicking off our collaboration today by talking about the classic Christmas colors - red and green!

Dress:  Eva Mendes for New York & Company
Blazer:  SCANDAL by The Limited (Available here)
For my red and green look, I chose a bright red dress and mixed it with an winter white blazer from The Limited's SCANDAL collection.  The quality from The Limited has gone down a bit over the years, but they are really bringing it with the SCANDAL collection.  The blazer is well constructed, and the fabrics seem to be of a better quality than most of my other blazers from there.  It's surprisingly heavy, making it an ideal option for winter. 

To complete my look, I added black accessories and heels to create more contrast. 
To get in my green for this post, I added in some green glittery nail color.
Shoes:  Prabal Gurung for Target
Necklace:  Target
Clutch:  The Limited (Available here)
I would wear this look to work, an office party, or lots of other holiday events.

While I went with red and just added a green accent, Irene did the opposite.  She chose a green fan-print skirt and added red jewelry.

Irene of Petite Plus, Meow!
See more of her look at Petite Plus, Meow! or find her on Facebook!
Do you wear a lot of red and green during the winter holiday season?

Stay tuned tomorrow for another holiday look in collaboration with Irene!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!