12.03.2014

November Budget Wrap-Up & December Wish List

Can you believe it's December, already?  It seems like this year has just slipped away!!
With November ending, it's time to wrap up what I got for my monthly budget and to discuss what's on my radar for December.

First, let's talk about what's on my wish list for December!!  I'm thinking red and sparkle this month.  I really like the color red, but I don't have much of it.  With Christmas and New Year's right around the corner, I'd like to nab a piece in red, and I'd also love something sparkly!
Eva Mendes for New York & Company Sabrina dress (Available soon; see here)
Torrid Sequin Shrug
The Limited Glamorous Shine Clutch
I'm loving the bold print on this cami from The Limited, and I have been on the lookout for some boyfriend jeans for a while!

The Limited Leopard Print Cami
Torrid White Label Boyfriend Jeans
Now, on to last month's budgeted purchases:

Let me just preface by saying that I had a very unusual month of deals this month, so I was able to get a ton of new pieces for my budget.


When I discussed my budget last month (see here), I talked about how I wanted to get some new shoes and featured two cute pairs from Kohl's.  I tried out the beige Juicy Couture heels.  The quality of these shoes was really good; however, the story of my life..they were too narrow.

The black Simply Vera by Vera Wang booties I included in my budget post were sold out by the time I tried to buy them, so I also tried these three pairs from Kohl's (here, here, and here).  All of the shoes were quite lovely (though I was surprised that the burgundy heels included real calf fur.  Since I don't wear fur of any kind, those would have went back regardless of fit).  I was disappointed that NONE of these shoes fit.  The Jennifer Lopez over-the-knee boots did not fit over my wide calves, but they were totally adorable though and the short wedge heel was super comfortable.

While I didn't have much luck in the shoe department, I did do well with accessories, which were also on my shopping list, as well as some new clothes.

This black dress, which I've featured previously here and here, wasn't on my monthly shopping list; however, I have been looking for a flowy black dress, so this one fit the bill. 

I highly recommend keeping a running shopping list - assess your closet and what needs replaced or added and keep a list.  It can help reduce spending and help you in making purchase decisions.

Eva Mendes for NY&CO Sabrina Dress - FREE
I ended up getting several pieces this month FOR FREE from NY&CO!!  I ordered the black dress in two sizes, so I could decide which fit better.  I bought them during a BOGO 1/2 off promotion and then used $30 in City Cash (good for $30 off $60 purchase).  When I returned the size that I didn't want, the City Cash went all on the first dress, so I ended up getting that dress completely for free and along with an additional $6 credit!

I also returned another order and due to a glitch in the store's system (receipt couldn't be read), the sales manager purposely gave me a refund for the returned items that didn't include the coupon I used.  Because of this, I actually received a larger refund than what I paid, getting my teal sweater which was on this order (previously shown here) FOR FREE!! 
New York & Company Drape-Neck Sweater - FREE (Sold out on-line)
The leftover money helped pay for the Maria Velvet dress (pictured), two pairs of earrings, and two necklaces (sold out on-line).  I can't wait to wear this dress for the holidays!

Eva Mendes for NY & CO Maria Velvet Dress - FREE!!
Obviously, such instances are rare occurrences, but the City Cash and similar promotions offered by other stores are one of my favorite ways to save money!

For instance, I purchased these black pants from The Limited during a 50% off sale.  Using a $30 rewards coupon (a benefit available to cardholders), I was able to get these pants for only 16!!!
The Limited Drapey Drawstring Pants
During Black Friday/Cyber Monday, I nabbed a couple of blouses at 50-60% off, including this origami blouse from The Limited's Scandal Collection.
The Limited Origami Collar Blouse - $26 with tax
The Limited Lace Layering Top - $26 with tax
Lastly, I got two clutches this month.
Target Limited Edition Envelope Clutch - $29 (with tax)

Hollywould for Target clutch (purchased from eBay) - $12
The remainder of my budget was spent on alterations of the Sabrina dress and a previously purchased blazer.

What's on your wish list for December?  Score any amazing deals during the recent sales?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!