12.04.2014

The Lace Pencil Skirt

I hope you're not too tired of all the black I've been posting lately.  It's always my favorite, but lately, I'm especially loving all black looks made more interesting with mixed fabrics, textures, and silhouettes.
Jacket:  Eva Mendes for New York & Company (Available here)
Skirt:  Torrid (Available here)
I've had this black skirt hanging in my closet for a month or two, and I haven't had a chance to wear it yet.  I decided to play dress up this past weekend and came up with this look.
Clutch:  Amazon (Similar here)
This lace bottom pencil skirt is such a statement piece, and I thought it would be fun to pair it with other statement pieces - a chunky beaded chain-link necklace and oversized wool jacket.
Blouse:  The Limited
Heels:  Target
Necklace:  Target
With each of these pieces being a statement in their own right, mixing them could have been overwhelming; however, I think the monochromatic color and simple pumps keep the look from going overboard.
Are you a fan of wearing all black?  How do you keep it interesting?

For this jacket in other looks, see here and here.
For this blouse in other looks, see here, here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!