12.31.2014

New Years Retrospective - A Look Back At My Favorite Looks of 2014

With another year behind us, I think it's always fun to look back and see where we've been and to think about where we're going.


Today on the blog, I'm looking back at my year in fashion and have picked my favorite looks over the past year.  Here they are in chronological order:

Black Pants for Work: High-Waisted Trousers
I love a black suit for work, and this one has such great drape and flatters curves perfectly.  The sheer blouse, gold necklaces, and red clutch add personal touches.
Dress Week 2: Mixed Prints & Cobalt
I love black and white mixed with a pop of bold color.  Throw in mixed prints and a moto jacket, and you have a fun and versatile look!
Black for Spring:  Cutouts and Lace-Ups
EShakti really got my attention this year, and this dress with the cutout lattice detailing was an instant favorite.  This dress feels really fun and youthful.
Date Night In Black and White
I have really learned to love my legs this year, and I've had fun showing them off in lots of short skirts.  The large ruffle detail on this top mixed with a black and white color palette won this girl's heart!
Tickled Pink:  Romance and Tulle
As I've said on the blog before, I just love a tulle skirt.  There's just something so romantic about it!!  This one was customized through eShakti, so it had just the fit I wanted!!
Sweet Romance
Another eShakti dress, this cute polka dot number has a retro fit that works well with curves, but the cutout detailing makes it oh so modern.
Make It You
Fit and flare dresses are an easy and curve-flattering favorite, and this polka dot dress is an office workhorse during the summer months.  Always looking for ways to make this dress feel fresh, I added a bold art print tote.
Savanna Sunset
I love zebras, giraffes, and elephants, and I fell head over heels for this dress when I spotted it.  The print is so cute up close, but I also love that from a distance, it can also just read as a cool graphic print.
Earthy Glam
When it's hot, nothing's better than easy clothes that you can just throw on and go.  This maxi dress was a summer favorite for casual wear, and I especially loved it with my comfy feathered sandals for a bit of a bohemian flair.
Tropical Fruit
This fun and fruity outfit was so breezy for a casual summer day.  There's nothing I love better than neutrals, but sometimes, it's nice to throw on something so bright and cheery!
Comfy Work Wear
This outfit was a surprise hit.  It was thrown together one morning before work, but it makes sense that it's a favorite.  It has my favorite color palette, fringe, peplum detail, comfy knit wear, and a figure enhancing silhouette.  Really, why didn't I come up with this outfit sooner?
Maxi and Moto - 3 Ways
Maxi skirts and moto jackets - two of my favorite things.  Throw in a touch of lace and a fun clutch, and boom...an outfit that is just so me it's like I know myself or something. ;-)
Fall Color Week 2:  Blues
My cobalt moto jacket is a personal favorite.  Pairing it with this amazing lace skirt I picked up on clearance at Ann Taylor over the summer was even better!!
Fall Double Feature:  Loving Leather
I wear a lot of faux leather, and whether it's a jacket or a skirt, I love the versatility of this fabric.  The cropped tuxedo jacket adds a more formal vibe to the skirt.
Favorite Pairings
I have mostly worn this jumpsuit for evenings, but I love the idea of taking it a more casual direction.  Rolling up the cuffs of the pants and throwing on a cognac moto jacket, black and cognac increasingly becoming a favorite combo, lends a more relaxed vibe to this super comfy onesie!
 
Cozy In Leather & Lace
Again with the leather!  A lace top adds a bit of romance, while the comfy sweater is so warm and cozy!!
eShakti Holiday - 70s Child
Yet another winning look from eShakti.  I've loved lace-up detail like this neckline since I was in junior high.  Add in sequins and some sky-high heels, and I feel ready to party!!
Holiday Double Feature - Casual Cocktails
Last but not least is this look from my recent holiday collaboration with Irene of Petite Plus, Meow!  The sweater and skirt are both have such an ease about them, but the interesting details give them a wow factor in my book.
Do you have any favorite looks from 2014?  Find me on Facebook and share your favorite outfits from 2014!

Happy New Year to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!